Mission, Vision & Values
Mill Woods Seniors Association (MWSA) enhances the quality of life of seniors in Mill Woods and surrounding communities by providing programs and services that meet their recreational, social, health, physical, intellectual and emotional needs.
MWSA is a welcoming Centre that meets the recreational, educational and social needs of seniors in our community.
Values and Values Statements
Statement of Principles on Diversity and Inclusion
The Mill Woods Seniors Association (MWSA) will continually strive to be a diverse and inclusive organization. The Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers reflect the many faces and walks of life that make up our community. Together we will genuinely strive to demonstrate the principles of diversity and inclusion that enrich all communities.
To value diversity is to respect and appreciate age, gender, race, religion, skin colour, nationality, culture, sexual orientation, physical or mental abilities, parental status, work and behavioural styles, and the perspectives of each individual shaped by their nation, and experiences. To value diversity is to eliminate discrimination based on all the criteria mentioned above.
MWSA defines inclusion as involving and valuing human differences and viewing such differences as strengths and pulling together this strength to collectively and effectively address issues in our community. The principle of inclusion fully incorporates basic values that promote and advance participation, friendship, and a celebration of diversity.
It is our aim, therefore, that MWSA’s, policies, strategies, and programs reflect these core values. Diversity is an essential component to achieving success in an ever-changing environment. Every day we experience the dramatic changes occurring in our community: changing demographics and changing needs. Our ability to make inclusive practices an important part of our business will enable MWSA to fulfill its mission of improving seniors' lives by connecting with the caring power of communities.
We are pleased to inform members that MWSA Bylaws that was adopted by passing a Special Resolution at the online AGM on Oct 17, 2020 is in effect now.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Everyone will be protective of safety, well-being and goodwill of members, staff, volunteers, visitors, and Mill Woods Seniors Association (MWSA).
- Everyone will refrain from any action that disrupts or disturbs the morale, efficiency, safety, or normal operation of MWSA.
- Everyone will conduct themselves in a respectful manner when dealing with members, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Physical attacks, verbal attacks, sexual harassment, discrimination based on ethnicity and sexual orientation, or use of electronic or social media for attacks or slander on members, staff, volunteers, and visitors will not be tolerated and will lead to expulsion from MWSA premises.
- Non-members and/or visitors who violate any of the above shall be denied participation in MWSA programs or services and access to MWSA premises.
- Depending on the seriousness of the violation of items 4 or 5, and at the discretion of the Executive Director and/or the Board of Directors, the incidents may be reported to external authorities.
Approved on 2019-09-26