The Mill Woods Seniors Association (MWSA) enhances the independence of seniors (55 years and over), by providing a range of programs and services to meet their recreational and social needs. Aging well is about enjoying new experiences and learning new things. At MWSA, seniors are encouraged to continue learning, adapting, and contributing to society. We hope to inspire our members to live a meaningful and passionate life, with our variety of programs and services. We also offer volunteer opportunities for people who are looking to give back to their community.
- 2004: Anne McNabb organized and met with a small group of seniors regularly at the St. Theresa's Parish in Mill Woods
- 2007: With the support of the City of Edmonton and Mill Woods Presidents' Council, the Mill Woods seniors group with a membership of 12, moved into a single room at the Mill Woods Recreation Centre
- 2008: Mill Woods Seniors Association becomes an official non-profit organization, with the creation of an interim Board of Directors and approved bylaws
- 2009: Mill Woods Seniors Association hires its first staff, an Executive Director and full-time Program Coordinator
- 2011: Mill Woods Seniors Association representatives speak at City Hall to advocate for funding for a new seniors centre in Mill Woods. City Council approved funding to design a new centre and library in Mill Woods
- 2015: Mill Woods Seniors Association moves into the new building at 2nd Floor, 2610 Hewes Way NW, above the Mill Woods Edmonton Public Library. MWSA membership reaches new heights, at close to 1000 members.
- 2020 Annual Report and 2020 Financial Statements
- 2019 Annual Report and 2019 Financial Statements
- 2018 Annual Report
- Index of MWSA Policies (MWSA Members can review a policy at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mill Woods Seniors Association is located in a City of Edmonton-owned facility, sharing our space with the Mill Woods Public Library. We are on the second floor of the beautifully designed building with lots of natural lighting.
The centre is 23,500 square feet and includes:
Frequently Asked Questions about the Mill Woods Seniors Association
|1. Are you a City of Edmonton facility?||The Mill Woods Seniors Association, the non-profit association, operates from a City of Edmonton building called the Mill Woods Seniors & Multicultural Centre. We share the same building as the Mill Woods Public Library, on the 2nd Floor.|
|2. Are you a participating facility of the City of Edmonton Leisure Access program?||No, we are not. For a listing of all the participating facilities, go to the City of Edmonton website.|
|3. Why are you always looking for financial donations? Are you funded by the City of Edmonton?
||MWSA is a registered charity. While we do receive some funding through grants, including from the City of Edmonton, We have a responsibility to our membership, community, and our partners to ensure the long-term sustainability of our organization.|
|4. What is your Cancellation & Refund Policy?||MWSA is a non-profit organization. The program fees that are collected are used to pay for the instructors, program expenses, and administration costs. No refunds or credits will be given for programs, presentations, special events, and outings unless cancelled by MWSA.|
|5. When can I join MWSA?||You can become a member at 55 years.|
|6. Do I need to live in Mill Woods to be a member?||No. You can live anywhere in Edmonton.|
|5. Are non-seniors welcome to participate in MWSA programs?||Of course! We have a non-member/non-senior rate for our programs. And if you are 45+, you can apply to be an Associate member.|
|6. What is an Associate Member?||It is a membership for those who are between 45-54 years of age. You will receive discounted rates on our programs, but you do not have any voting privileges.|
|7. Do you need volunteers?||Yes, we always need volunteers, even if we don't advertise. Check out our Volunteer page for the latest news.|
If you have other questions, please use the Contact Form or Call 780-496-2997.
An Overview of the MWSAC Services & Programs