Volunteer with us!
The Mill Woods Seniors Association (MWSA) is a non-profit organization and relies on volunteers to help run programs and services for seniors in the community. Volunteers are the heart and soul of our organization. We have a variety of opportunities available for seniors and other community members, such as Front Desk Volunteers, Administrative help, Special Events, 2nd Floor Cafe Cashiers, Kitchen Prep work, Greeters, Program Leads, Event Photographer, and more!!
Watch our video below to learn more about what it's like to volunteer at MWSA!
***MWSA Volunteer News***
Updated: Sept 20, 2023
- RUMMAGE SALE VOLUNTEERS.
- Set-up Volunteers, Friday, Sept 21 in the afternoon
- Event Day Volunteers, Saturday, Sept 23 & 24. Various shifts are available.
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER. MWSA is Looking for a funky, fun, and creative graphic designer to rebrand a major activity fundraising program material–brochures, newsletter, and possible online designs. Please submit some examples of previous work.
- Rummage Sale Volunteers, Event Day, and set-up days
- MWSA BOARD MEMBER WANTED! We are currently seeking two members for our board. If you have been a member for 60 days or more and would like to play an important role at Mill Woods Seniors Association, please pick up a Nomination Form at the Front Desk. Learn more about what it's like to be a board member: https://youtu.be/V2iMlmGOm6E.
- Dishwashers, various shifts.
Greeter: Mondays, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
Front Desk Reception: Thursdays, 12:30-4:30 p.m. & Fridays, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
Cafe Cashiers: Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
No experience is necessary; training will be provided. Volunteers do not need to be members or seniors. Position Start Date: as soon as possible
Contact Brandy at 780-508-9359 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know anyone who might be interested, please pass along Brandy's contact information.
Want To Become More Involved with MWSA? Join A Board Committee! (Click on the link for Volunteer Application). The Board Committees are the following:
- Governance Committee: Reviews, revises, and prepares updates on the Bylaws and Policies
- Nominating Committee: Recruits members for the established Committees and for new Board members
- Finance Committee: Provides guidance and recommendations on financial issues
- Human Resource Committee: Provides guidance and recommendations on human resources and staff training
- External Relations Committee: Develops long-term plans to build relationships with the corporate and/or long-term donors; explores innovative ideas for fund development
Learn what it's like to join MWSA as a Board/Committee Member
Online Volunteer Opportunities
|There are many volunteer opportunities with different local organizations that you can do from home while helping your community during COVID-19.|
|The United Nations Online Volunteering Program allows organizations and volunteers to team up to address sustainable development challenges – anywhere in the world, from any device.|
How to Volunteer at MWSA:
1. Learn about Volunteer Opportunities
Call our Volunteer Coordinator at 780-508-9359.
2. Fill out Volunteer Application Form
(online or in-person)
3. Follow Up
The Volunteer Coordinator will follow up with you within 3-5 business days.