- Annual General Report 2018
- March 2018 Newsletter
- Spring 2018 Program Guide is here! Members who register for programs by March 29, 2018 will receive $10 off each course that costs $70 or more!
- More info on: 2018 MWSA DIRECTOR ELECTION PROCESS
- New Presentation Added! Learn to Attract Wildlife to your Yard, Thursday March 29 from 11-12:30 PM. Join our talk where Catherine will provide an overview of the city-wide planning and mapping that is being undertaken to understand how wildlife move though the City and will outline areas that could benefit with help from the public. Tory will then discuss Natural Yards and how they can attract wildlife, including the following topics: defining a natural yard, benefits of a natural yard, planning & design steps, specific landscape elements for wildlife,native plants, review of prohibited noxious and noxious weeds, and more! Your Speakers: Catherine Shier, M.Sc., is a Principal Ecological Planner in the Research and Analysis Section, City of Edmonton. Tory Young has a background in residential landscape design and is currently developing the City's Natural Yards resources. Cost: No Cost for MWSA members/$2 NM. Please RSVP.
- Reminder: Please fob in to My Seniors Centre (the computer at the Front Desk) each time you visit MWSA, even if it's just socializing. It helps us keep accurate statistics for programming and funding reasons.
- Still looking! MWSA Volunteers Wanted to start ASAP: We are currently looking for: Kitchen Cashiers, Kitchen Helpers and Front Desk Staff. No experience necessary; training provided. Ideal volunteers: friendly, helpful, patient and enjoys learning on the job. Must be able to commit at least once a week, for 3 months. If interested or for more info, please get in touch with Volunteer Coordinator-780 508 9359.